Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Bread

When we were at the pumpkin patch, the "general store" offered a myriad of organic, homemade, natural, etc. food. I was really tempted to get the huge bag of caramel corn, but resisted. Michael had his eye on a tasty looking loaf of pumpkin bread. As much as I wanted some delicious bread, I wasn't willing to pay $7.00 for a small loaf.

Being ever so thrifty, I scoped out what I had in my pantry and decided that I had enough if not all the ingredients for some pumpkin bread. Thanks to Google I found an easy recipe. So from idea to loaf, it took 80 minutes. Not bad. I think the bread was half gone as soon as it cooled enough to eat. Michael said it was the best banana bread he'd ever had. Thanks Michael.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

"the best banana bread"??

There's a recipe in the cookbook called (I think) Harvest Loaf. It is actually pumpkin chocolate chip bread. It makes great muffins and mini loaves - but it takes forever to cook as regulare size loaves. My family loves it - and since I'm always trying to find ways to get my boys to eat their veggies, well, it's practically health food.

Kim said...

I've never made pumpkin bread. If you are too far away to share the actual bread, you must post the recipe :) mmmm...bread.

m_perfect said...

I like pumpkin anything, but especially the pumpkin pancakes we make. They make good "bread" for a particularly satisfying PB sandwich later as well!

Debbie said...

It is windy and cool here (does it ever really get cold in CA?)and soup with hot bread sounds great, followed by warm buttered pumpkin bread..mmmmm. When shall we be over with the soup?