Thursday, October 2, 2008

Booboos and Bandaids

Lily took a big spill today after I picked up the kids from school. Emma and Lily were racing to the car and Lily went down on her hands and knees. I don't know if it's the shoes that she's wearing or if she's in a growth spurt, but she has been really clumsy these past few days.

Booboo's and bandaids are synonymous at our house. Jack is not a fan of bandaids, they hurt when they come off. He'd rather suck it up and try and get by without the torture tape. Emma and Lily have been using bandaids like stickers. I swear that I have been finding bandaid wrappers hidden under Emma's bed for weeks. Frankly I'm surprised that we even have bandaids left. The last owie that Emma had, she tried to use a butterfly bandaid because that's all that she could find in the medicine basket. Luckily I saved some Barbie bandaids and put them on a high shelf for an emergency like today.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

I've had both kinds of kids - ones that love and ones that hate the bandaid. Fortunately I don't have any that are impressed with character bandaids. On the other hand, I do have ones that like specific sizes/shapes, which at times is probably worse.

m_perfect said...

I know this is one of those "we had it hard when we were growing up stories" but let Jack know there are worse things...like iodine! Stings like heck and leaves you a yucky color...I don't even remember if we had band aids though. Must have, because I was allergic to the tape on them the year I had the plague...but that's another story.

Lori said...

Kelsie used to purposefully go outside and get a "scratch" so she could have a band-aid. She still likes wounds--she thinks they make her look tough.

Mad Runner said...

I just have one type - the 'more is better' kind. The more band-aids that can be used to cover up any possible 'red' area the better. Tylor came back from Scouts one night after 'falling' in the bushes and covered himself in no less than 24 band-aids. Not one drop of blood to be seen on the gauze...