Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Earache

"Mom, my ear hurts."

Words that almost always mean a trip to the doctor. Emma is my healthy child and it's a rarity for her to be sick enough to stay home from school. When I called the doctor's office I was pleasantly surprised that they could get us in by 11 am.

We show up for our appointment and breeze right into the exam room. When does that ever happen?! The Doctor looks in her ear and announces that it's slightly red and has some fluid, but she won't need antibiotics. Music to my ears.

7 comments:

Mad Runner said...

Joy for you. After I talked to you I had to go pick up Connor low grade fever. Bummer for me.

Debbie said...

No sick days for home school...I'm just saying. Of course, every day you have to keep your kid home, so I'm not sure it's a plus.

Keira said...

I don't "breeze" into anywhere these days. Pregancy makes me suck wind so hard that I "wheeze" into a room.

And I hate you for your photography skillzzzz.

Suzanne said...

Keira...how's that name game coming? :)

Mad Runner said...

Nicely played Suz. Aww, Non-sequiturs work so well at redirecting one's attention from uncomfortable comments or questions....

Debbie said...

Speaking of mad photog skillz...bring your camera...I'm too cheap to pay big bucks for senior pictures for Alex.

Keira said...

Love Emma's picture and yours, come to that.

How do you do that voodoo you do so well?