Thursday, September 4, 2008

Productiveness

Once in a while I get hit by the "get things done" bug. I've had half the material to make curtains for the girl's room for six months, I just bought the rest last week. I wasn't sure which direction I wanted to go with the room, when I realized that I just needed to start and not worry about the end product so much.
I'd really like to find some pictures/art to hang up, but that might take me another six months to get around to doing. Just getting the curtains sewn was huge, then I actually got them hung. (Insert pat on back)For some reason, the ribbon made all the difference. I was in a "scrapbooking" kinda mood and asked myself if the curtains needed something a little extra. Thank you fabric glue.

6 comments:

Mad Runner said...

Love them!

So for pictures for the walls get two big canvas' (on sale) and cover them with scrapbooking stuff and cool letters over that. Problem solved, scrapbooking craving satisfied, room done ... priceless.

Anything else? I'm here for you babe!

Debbie said...

Or...take a couple of your favorite pictures of the girls and blow them up to poster size at Costco. Frame as is or cut into quarters and frame each piece separately (see Keira's post about the Street of Dreams homes)

Suzanne said...

Excellent ideas.

Keira said...

Love the cherry red ribbon. Adds that little extra zing. Are the windows both off-set and differently sized? That makes it harder to work around--but if you've come this far, keep going...Momentum doesn't come along every day.

Jo said...

WOW!!! I'm impressed!

Suzanne said...

Very astute, Keira. That was partially why I couldn't figure out what to do curtain wise. I have the twin square windows to do next, I just need to get more ribbon.