Saturday, September 6, 2008

Being Brave

This week I decided to be brave and try new things. I decided to take a class at the Rec Center. I just renewed our membership and needed to feel like I am "getting my money's worth". Well, nothing like diving into the deep end and feeling like I might never take a class again.

The class I took is titled "Butts and Gutts". Very aptly named. Exactly the areas that I need to work. After the class I felt a little sore. That's a good thing, right? Well, it's been two days and it hurts when I sneeze. I guess that's a sad commentary on how out of shape I am. I think that I had deluded myself into thinking that I was doing a pretty good job of staying fit over the Summer by jogging. What a sad delusion.
Well, with school back in session I need to get back into "coconut" shape. Nothing like getting the endorphins moving to take the edge off of crazy homework days. Wish me luck. I may need it for the next couple weeks as I hobble around trying to work my butt and gutt.

4 comments:

Keira said...

Oooooooh. And you, poor thing, are sneezing a lot these days.

When I had my allergies they made me nauseous (post-nasal drip and pregnancy don't go together) and want to pee.

Frankie/mom said...

Love the pics..especially the sandals and toes! very cute! Lily's we assume!

Frankie/mom said...

Not sure where to comment on those VERY cute toes and sandals! Lily's, we assume? (or maybe Michael? ha ha) Too cute anyway!
I'm hoping it works this time....tried to 'comment' on your blog before and it WOULDN'T LET ME! HAVE YOU BLOCKED ME SNOOZ!? But I am relentless, I will try again!
Dad & I love you so much and are so proud of you and your family!

Mad Runner said...

Okay, so next time we do 1,000 crunches and THEN run up another volcano ... maybe an active one so as to motivate us to run down this time!!!

You go girl!