Thursday, September 11, 2008

Off and Running

I've been relying on the sun to wake me up and get the kids ready for school. Well, the sun failed me this morning. I sprung out of bed at 7:27. We usually leave the house at 7:55. Emma and Jack desperately needed showers and I had planned on waking up a little earlier to get that done. Well, the shower was more important than getting to school a little late.

The kids were showered, dressed, feed, and in the car by 7:59. Still enough time to get to school with minutes to spare. I forgot to sign a paper for Emma, rushed inside to grab it and go. We missed the window of "train free" car ride to school. There are train tracks that bisect the route to school. We got to the train tracks just as the arms came down. Whoops.

Jack and Emma were late to school and it was completely my fault. I guess I need to set my alarm and start waking up to that instead of the sun.

9 comments:

Debbie said...

Or you could try my method. Drink a glass of water at bedtime. Vary how much you drink to allow for different times to wake up. Here's a handy chart:

16 ounces - you'll have to pee before you fall asleep. And every couple of hours thereafter.

8 ounces - 4-5 hours. Maybe

4 ounces - 5-6 hours

2 ounces - 6-7 hours

I'd like to say I'm kidding...and I am, sort of. It's not like I measure, but I do use my bladder as an alarm.

Suzanne said...

Didn't a wise person once say "Don't let your bladder dictate you"?

I think I drank too much last night and got up WAY earlier than I usually do. Got completely thrown off.

Debbie said...

Umm.... yes, that was my husband who said that to me yesterday....

Keira said...

I'm wondering why you didn't just lick their hair down and hand them their clothes, toast and a baby wipe for the trip to school. You might have made it on time in that case...

Suzanne said...

Ahh Keira, leave it to you to come up with a better solution. :)

Jo said...

love the other comments! Go with them!

Lori said...

Water method works for me every time, although I still have to use an alarm clock in case it's between a certain window of time.

Suzanne said...

Wow, I'm amazed at the scientific method of water alarms. I personally think it's water torture when I have to wake up for a "skip to the loo".

Mad Runner said...

Deb and I run on about the same ounce-age(?) but mine runs 6-7 hrs per 8 ounces. Guess I have a younger bladder...ha, ha!

This made me smile the rest of the day!