Wednesday, September 24, 2008

School Pictures

Yup, it's that time of year again. I can't believe school pictures crept up on me again. I swore to myself last year that I was not going to spend the money on school pictures again, but here we are again. To buy bad pictures or not? That is the question.

The school is encouraging parents to dress their children in "fall" colors. They will have an environmental background. It screams 1970's. I especially love the log to lean on.

On the upside, I got Jack and Emma's haircut. If you'll notice, Emma's bangs are a little crooked, but isn't that the charm of school pictures.

7 comments:

Debbie said...

Her hair looks waaay better than mine ever did in school pics. Except for 2nd grade. That was my best year - I looked like an adorable little boy. Third grade wasn't too bad either, but then my pictures take a steep nosedive and never recover. I've found that pretty much holds true for my kids too. At about 8 - 10 years old most kids (with the huge exception of you!) just aren't cute any more.

Mad Runner said...

You will love this one. We had our school pics last week, Tylor hates them. Well, the photo guy told him to sit up straight - my rule is 'Don't frown' - Tylor didn't sit up and the guy kicked him out. No kidding. His teacher saw it and knows how Tylor can be so she warned me ahead of time thank goodness. We had Ho-Ho's that day as a treat - they make up for a lot.

Debbie said...

Ho ho ho.

I've never actually known anyone that got kicked out of getting their picture taken.

Awesome, dude.

Suzanne said...

LOL. Way to go Tylor!

m_perfect said...

Way to take a stand Tylor! They always wanted me to show my teeth (which aren't straight...I sacrificed mine so your aunt and your mother could have gorgeous smiles). I WISH I had been kicked out! BTW Sue, you are so much better at taking their pics!Save the $ and buy them an ice cream cone...it will look better and won't leave a bad after taste.

Lori said...

I actually have a picture of me leaning on a log--not a school picture but a "professional" picture. Don't they say everything comes back in style?

Samurai Mom said...

NO, the answer to school pictures is always no.