Friday, September 12, 2008

Naps

I know what you're thinking. Why am I even trying to take a nap? Well, my allergies are killing me and I'm just loopy enough to need to lay down.

How is it possible to NOT get a nap with one child at home? "Hey Mom, Hey Mom" Tickles toes. Are you sick? It's the scary part (Madeline the Movie). I don't want you to go night night.

I am not usually a nap person, but when I need one, I REALLY need one. It's comical that as children we fight them, and as adults we sometimes crave them.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

I feel your pain. Er, need to snooze. I never nap (what never? no never! What never? Hardly ever!) and yet I fell asleep hard while cooking dinner two nights ago. Thankfully Steve West rocked the free world (again) and took the rice off before it burned.

Keira said...

Nap?! Nap? I want a nap.

Spencer lolled all over me the other day during my "nap". When I finally sat up he said, "We done seeping?"

Oh yeah.

Kim said...

That's what Sundays are for. My family has learned that mommy gets a nap on Sunday or she gets grouchy :)

Mad Runner said...

Remember our parents 'napping' on Sunday afternoons? I swear I was the stupidist child ever that I didn't figure that one out until I was almost a teenager!

I am not a napper - my poor children inherited my "no-sleeping-during-day-light-hours" constitution. Sad times for them on Sunday afternoons later in life...