Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Fall Colors

It was a long, hot Summer and my hair had the highlights to prove it. Now firmly in the Fall season, I wanted to shake up things a bit and color the blonde highlights. There may or may not have been a few gray hairs mixed in with the blonde, but let's not go there.

Staring at the entire aisle of hair dye is a bit daunting, but I wasn't about to let that deter me from a new me. I whittled my choices down by elimination, I knew I wasn't going to go blonde or black. Then it was a matter of what it looked like on the box. Remember when there were fake hair samples to show you what you hair "might" look like? It was a little creepy walking down the aisle with loops of hair on the shelves. My kids loved "picking" their favorite loop. Target doesn't have the loops anymore.

I finally decided on a color that looked a shade darker than what I normally have. I wanted a dark chestnut color. Does the name "Chocolate Caramel" sound close to that? You know that phrase "never shop hungry", it's a good creed to live by, because I didn't end up with chocolate caramel hair. There was some red in the dye and I have some Chocolate Cherry hair to prove it.
(I'd take a picture, but it late and I need to charge the camera, and I need to pack, and I forgot where I put the camera, and I might update my picture when my hair has faded just a bit)

4 comments:

Frankie/mom said...

Being a long-time veteran of hair coloring expeditions, may I say when hair coloring goes wrong, a fix is just another Preference box away! And maybe your sisters can each take a section & 'surprise' you! Have a fun weekend all you girls!

Keira said...

"Chocolate Caramel"...mmmmmm, I'm so hungry.

If I recall correctly, I was on the receiving end of some of your hair-ish flights-of-fancy in college--So, I can't WAIT to see the pics.

m_perfect said...

2 comments--
1- I have so been there! ( thanks Tia!) Cherry chocolate was NOT me and it only took3 tries to erase that little Preference adventure!
2- I loved helping with some of Keira's little hair lightening flights of fancy (blonde is soooo you, babe!)
Have fun while I languish here in
(semi) solitude!

Mad Runner said...

I personally loved the color. Oh, maybe because it was VERY close to mine. I don't care what Deb's seminary students said! We do look alike - at least parts of us do!! Hee, hee!