Sunday, October 26, 2008

Sleepless in Seattle

The excuse that we used to meet in Seattle for a sister's weekend was "Super Saturday". Affectionately called "stupid Saturday" by others, we will use any excuse to get together.

Anything to use power tools in the morning.
Keira delivered some slides and 8mm film to Sherri.The slides where we discovered hidden gems of long lost childhoods. Of course Keira, Tia, and myself didn't exist yet. I was most amazed to see pictures of Sherri and that her daughter Lauren looks much like her.
Alex was a very cooperative subject for his "Senior" pictures. I told him he was a lot easier to photograph than a three year old. I'm not sure he took that as a compliment, but he was a pleasure to take pictures of.
Funniest part of the weekend was sharing a bed with Sherri. We used to sleep together when we were little. We jokingly said that we needed to keep to our designated edges of the bed. Well, wouldn't you know, she reached over the first night to see who was in bed with her. A full sized bed is not very big!

4 comments:

Mad Runner said...

Aww the smell of sawdust in the morning! We are our father's daughters!

I have been laughing to myself about reaching over too, and remembering one Christmas Marcy came home and crawled in bed with Suzanne and I: she was bruised from head to toe the next morning. I kept wondering why she stayed?!

Keira said...

Every time I go to check on Spencer and Jonah they're flopped all over each other. It reminds me of my childhood.

I'm wondering why the magic camera didn't work as well with me as with Alex...cest la vie.

Debbie said...

I remember coming home from college and sharing a bed with Keira...actually I think I was on the old red couch. That was probably around the time I taught her some song lyrics.

Play that funky music...

I also remember Steve and I spending our first Christmas in Oregon - we got to use Sherri's "room"... It was so cold we slept not only fully dressed, but with hats AND coats - as we huddled together on her twin mattress.

Suzanne said...

Nothing makes a relationship stronger than a twin mattress.