Thursday, October 16, 2008

Crazy Day

This afternoon we had Parent/Teacher conferences for Jack and Emma. I had a bad night's sleep, woke up in a funk, and was dreading going to a certain conference. In an attempt to get out of the funk I stayed as busy as I could all day. That's not hard when Lily follows me and undoes everything that I've just done. (she's awfully cute doing it)

Usually I get babysitting so that we don't have to take the kids to the conferences. Being a slacker, I didn't get babysitting and Michael and I had to brave conferences with three kids. Luckily Jack and Emma are old enough to sit in the hallway and wait, but Lily hit a wall about halfway through each conference.

The good news about both conferences were that they were fairly short and sweet. Not too many surprises and grades were pretty good. Emma made out pretty well. We decided to start paying for grades and she made off with eight hard earned dollars. Jack is working hard, he managed to earn $4.50. Money well spent.

Once conferences were over, my day got a lot better. Pulled off dinner for us and a family across that street. Made rolls that I was a little dubious would turn out..totally turned out. Had the kitchen completely cleaned before bed, and read to all the kids before bed.

5 comments:

Debbie said...

Good job Emma and Jack!

I was always grateful to get through P/T conference with dry eyes. For some reason that's when my genes from Mom most came to the fore - the weepy eyes gene. Not crying, just damp eyes.

Mad Runner said...

Way to go Emma and Jack! Rollin' in the dough!

I got that weepy thing too. I just can't seem to get through them without some welling up. I really dislike that it happens but Deb's right...it's Mom's fault!

Keira said...

I loathe parent/teacher why-isn't-your-kid-as-calm-as-the-Indian-kid Day.

And way to go with rolls...I wish my counter tops weren't tile.

Suzanne said...

I was totally ready for the waterworks that didn't happen. That's partially why I was dreading the conferences. Hate the crying gene that was unfortunately not recessive.

Debbie said...

I hate you.

Just saw your new header picture with the fall leaves.

Hate you.