Monday, March 23, 2009

Dad Would Be So Proud

The edge of the cubby needed a veneer wood strip ironed on. I got to use my superb ironing skills in the workshop and made a shoe cubby go from nice to WOW. I kinda want to say; "Suck it Ikea!"

All the credit for the construction goes to Michael, he sees all the flaws, but I think it looks fab. This is a very expensive shoe cubby, but as soon as the next phase in construction goes in, the price per unit will decrease dramatically.

Anyone want to come help this next weekend?

8 comments:

Debbie said...

Did Michael do dovetail joints?

I can't wait to see the rest of the closet!

Michael said...

The next cabinet will have drawers in the lower half, complete with dovetails.

AM Runner CA said...

I love the smell of wood (sawdust) in the morning! Nice work Michael and Suz! I'll be there right after drop off on Thursday!

The Little's said...

Looks good! How are you?! Yes, I am only now entering the "checking out other people's blogs", so I thought I'd leave a comment and say "hello!".

m_perfect said...

Nothing like a handmade house...that doesn't look it. Fabulous!!!!
We got trimwork in our downstairs basement today as well (a la Wynn)...great!
Like Mike's ideas for the next project...so who's closet is it?

Jo said...

So impressed! I used to do that kind of stuff. Now I've just gotten old and tired. I'll just live vicariously through you two!

Frankie/mom said...

DAD IS PROUD! Good work and so useful as well as handsome. (you can take that as a compliment Michael) Love that the family talents are being carried on. Keep up the great work! We'd just LOVE to come help....maybe someday!

Suzanne said...

This is in the girl's closet. I was trying to think long term and have plenty of room for the more clothes/shoes they accumulate. The space where the cubby is was going to be dead space, but I "casually" mentioned the cubby to Michael and he made it happen. He's the one that is more motivated to start projects than I am.