Monday, March 2, 2009

Last Supper

I signed up to feed the missionaries a few weeks ago and nearly forgot that today was the day. When they called to confirm, I asked the Elder what he would like for dinner. I usually fix whatever and call it good, but it was the Elder's last day before he goes home.

If you were to pick a favorite supper, what would it be? Oddly enough he chose manacotti. I've made it before, but it's been a long time since I've gone to that kind of effort. I like it just fine, but since my kids are morally against all things with sauce, this dish is like poison to them. I caved and made plain noodles for them.

I had to laugh at myself when I made dinner. It was a three ring circus as I made the brownies just in time to put the manicotti in the oven and then shape the rolls to throw in the oven just in the nick of time before dinner. All this while trying to run in and out of the house watching the kids play outside in the last of the sunlight. This is going to be even worse when we have the time change, I'm not going to want to make dinner until 8pm.

4 comments:

Frankie/mom said...

Good juggling act, Suz!
Have you ever tried the quality frozen manicotti (or stuffed shells). They're pretty darn good and SOOOO easy to just throw into a pan, add sauce and cheese...Viola! Gotta get the good stuff tho! I try to keep them in stock; buy when they're on sale.

Suzanne said...

I haven't tried the frozen ones, the frozen raviolis we tried didn't turn out to be any good. The manicotti wasn't any more difficult than lasagna.

Debbie said...

I'm impressed. We fed the missionaries pancakes the last time we had them over.

m_perfect said...

What! You don't eat them when they come?! And with this Elder it was your last chance ;)