Thursday, March 26, 2009

Snow Day

Well, there were rumor about a big snow storm, but I didn't believe. We rarely turn on the tv in the morning and today was no exception. I guess I should have been watching the news to find out about school closures. In the year and a half that we've been in Colorado the kids haven't had a single "snow day" for school. Today we are having our first snowed in day.

I woke Michael up to take the kids to school. I generally take the kids but I didn't want to go outside today. Maybe I should have thought about that before I sent Michael off to school with the kids. Michael showed up at school and wondered why there were no cars/kids. A nice Mom in a minivan stopped and told him there was no school due to snow. He turned back around and brought the kids home. Ironically the one day I get Michael to take the kids to school, he doesn't have to.

Last night we went to the library and got a few movies and books. Looks like we'll be watching movies and doing lots of drawing today. If we hadn't had "Springlike" weather the past couple weeks I'd enjoy this more. Spring break is next week...let's hope the kids have school tomorrow.

3 comments:

Mad Runner said...

Seriously? Snow at the end of March? We are hitting 75' today - not quite short sleeves but still!
Good luck!

Debbie said...

Bummer about the snow. I have to know whether there is school quite early - thankfully there is a website that lists all of the school closures. The school district here posts at about 5am...it beats listening to the radio or watching for it on tv.

75' is practically swimsuit weather in Washington.

Frankie/mom said...

75'? We're at 80' and I AM grabbing some Vit D in my swimsuit!
Sorry Suz, but it's always exciting for the kids to NOT have school! Remember?