Friday, March 27, 2009

Early Morning TV

I was up turning on the tv way too early this morning. We did get a considerable amount of snow yesterday and I just wanted to be sure that school was canceled. It's not that I mind school being canceled, I just like to know and can have some expectation of the day ahead. At about 5:15 AM the kid's school district had canceled school for the day.

Spring Break is supposed to start next week, it would appear that we are going to have an extra long Spring Break. Emma was also supposed to have a field trip today. She is a little disappointed that she isn't going. I'm sure she'll feel better knowing that the field trip will be rescheduled.

I need to find more gloves for the kids. Jack went out to play with some friends yesterday and forgot to wear snow pants and gloves. I'm sure he would have played longer but he nearly broke down the front door trying to get inside and get warm. His pants were frozen stiff and he broke down in tears because his hands were so cold. That was a lesson learned on what to wear when playing in the snow. (I need to find some empty bread sacks and tube socks)

Lily didn't want to touch the snow, she was warming up her thumb by sucking on it.

4 comments:

m_perfect said...

Nothin' like Oregon Snow Boots! I almost lost my life to those one time up the MacKenzie Pass. Here's to rustlin' the gloves and here's ( clink, clink) to "Springtime in the Rockies!".

Debbie said...

Tough time of year to go glove shopping. You're more likely to find swimsuits right now.

Frankie/mom said...

Gloves and boots can ALWAYS be found at your local thrift stores. And you save a bundle besides!

But have hope, spring is just around the corner.

Kim said...

Burrr! That looks so foreign to me right now. Its a shorts and tee day here in CA.