Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Logical Consequences

Jack has been forgetting his homework folder lately. As a consequence, he is grounded from all activities for that day. That seems pretty logical. Unfortunately, Jack is none to pleased with this consequence.

Today when he got home from school, he took a look in his backpack and realized he didn't have it. Tears started to well up and the bargaining began. "But Mom...that's a bad rule!" "It's not fair. I didn't agreed to this." "When you ground me, it only makes it worse."

I was very calm today and asked him if I should throw a party when he forgets his homework. He didn't think that was funny.

4 comments:

Mad Runner said...

We so have the same child. Connor has had to go to Homework center - think detention -twice in the last week. His teacher is very nice about it but it still is his responsibility to get homework done and turned in on time. It drives me crazy to have to go to school twice in one day. I told him if he has it tomorrow no Rock Band competition. I think that is incentive enough - if not, well, I may be hearing those same words... parenting is such fun...

Debbie said...

Danny had to "stay after" today...

Suzanne said...

I am starting to REALLY look forward to Summer. I'm getting burnt out on school. Of course that's another can of worms.

AJsGirls said...

Good Job, Mom! I'm thankful for everyone that goes before me and gives me ideas for when it's my turn.