Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sharing Time

In addition to teaching my regular Primary class, we were in charge of Sharing Time as well. I've never done Sharing Time before and I was kinda freaked out about what to do and how long we should go.

Luckily a friend emailed a link that got me going on ideas. This was a great place to start on our Sharing Time. I think that the theme for the week was really easy to work with; "I have many family members who can help me." Perhaps it was a deceptively easy. I planned on 15 minutes and I think we barely did 10 minutes. It's a good thing we have lots of songs to practice, it filled in the rest of the time.

The idea to use different hats to show extended family went over well. I somehow managed to scrap together enough hats and picture frames to make a "family picture". The kids got a kick out of solving riddles to figure out extended family members and then coming up to the front and solving situations in which they could help their family members.

I think I only have one more Sharing time to do this year...that's probably a good thing.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

So..was it a "bird-brained" cousin?

Suzanne said...

That's what I'm going with. :)