Tuesday, March 31, 2009

If You Give A Mouse A Cookie...

How many of you have read If You Give A Mouse A Cookie? It has a similar plot to If You Give a Pig A Pancake or If You Give A Moose A Muffin. One thing leads to another and you essentially end up at the beginning of the story again. That was my day today.

Yesterday I went on a walk with the kids and I popped my shoe. Yes, I got a flat tire and my jogging shoes were no longer filled with magical Nike air. Today I decided that I better replace the shoes so that I'd have no excuse to duck out of exercising. I left the house with the intention of finding shoes, but we went to the library first.

At the library, we were informed that there was a Magic show in 45 minutes. Well, who am I to say no to a magic show?! I figured that the kids could check out books, play on the computers, and hang out until the beginning of the show. It's not hard to lose time in the library.

The Magic show was well worth waiting for. The kids sat in the front row and were captivated for 45 minutes. Emma was ecstatic that she got picked as one of the volunteers. She blew on some crumpled up newspaper and a bird came out. She would love to add being a Magician's Assistant to her list of job possibilities.

After the library I knew that if I didn't get shoes I wasn't going to get them. So off to the outlets we went. I was able to find a new pair of shoes...let's hope they make me run more...er, faster. Mission accomplished for the day.

Well, the kids were hungry so I fed them lunch. Then I thought that as long as we were close to the movie theater we could see if a movie was playing. Monsters v. Aliens was just about to start so I thought; "Why not?!"

The kids were REALLY good in the movie. Lily actually sat in her own chair for I think the first time. It wasn't a great movie, but it was entertaining. Once the movie was done, I figured that since I was already at the "mall" I could look for a tie for Jack. We found a tie in the clearance rack at The Children's Place. Successful shopping with the kids.

So, now that we've exhausted ourselves, we'll probably be spending the day at home tomorrow.

4 comments:

Mad Runner said...

Sounds like a near perfect day to me! We are on Spring break next Thursday. Ask me if I have a place for us to stay for skiing yet, go ahead, ask.(Pregnant pause for dramatic effect...) Uh, no.

Can we come to your house? It sounds like more fun.

Keira said...

I like what you're doing--it never falls into place like that for me...

m_perfect said...

Wow! Our Spring Breaks were so boring compared to all that! A magic show must have been a ton of fun and a movie where they were good!? Wow again! Here's to more great days like that!

Michael said...

"Ski the Rockies. We've go the runs."