Monday, January 21, 2008

Fireside

Last night we went to the Primary Fireside so that we'd know about all the things that Jack will get to do now that he's 8. I purposely didn't tell him we were going to a "fireside", I called it a meeting. I didn't feel like explaining what fireside meant. As we slipped in the back, we sat down just as the prayer is starting. I notice that it's a youngster wearing his cub scout shirt. We bow our heads, fold our arms, and listen to the prayer. The young cub scout says; "..and we are thankful that we will be learning about fire safety. Amen."

Jack was pretty excited that we were going to be learning about fire safety. I guess I need to clarify what fireside means.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I don't think I'd explain it to him just yet - you might be able to get some useful mileage out of a simple misunderstanding.

Keira said...

Oh, no you've got to explain--what a downer it would be if he expected and didn't get a fire each time.