Friday, January 4, 2008

The Longest Minute


(<- I'm bored in front of washer)


So, I'm actually doing laundry today. What?! Well, I need to make a big push to get some loads in before the weekend. Inevitably I slack off on the weekend and then have a ginormous pile looming on Monday.

Well, I'm waiting to put the clothes from the washer into the dryer. Like a fool, I decide to stand in front of the washer and wait as the timer says 1. What unit the 1 means...well, I think that is is the time traveled to the moon and back. Seriously, I waited for 5 minutes and the washer was still spinning. I had to leave the room as I was starting to get dizzy watching the clothes go around in a blur.

Lesson learned; a watched washer never finishes spinning.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

I believe the washers work on the same time principle as computers do. You know, when you're waiting for it to start up or download or upload or whatever - it takes forever if you just sit there and wait for it.

Debbie said...

rockin' picture.

Suzanne said...

Thank you. A goal of mine is to take a picture a day. We'll see how long I can keep it up.

Keira said...

Tell us more about how you edited it for the swirl effect, grasshopper.