Saturday, January 26, 2008

Target

I love Target. There, I've said it. I could wander the aisles aimlessly for hours (not really, but wouldn't it be nice?!). Finding things that I never knew I needed on clearance for 75% off is like Christmas in July.

Today I needed to get a couple miscellaneous items and then I needed to get some groceries. Yes, we have a Super Target in our little town. It's not quite the same as a regular grocery store, but nearly always cheaper. Anyhow....I got my stuff and then headed to the car to load up.

Admittedly, when I have two kids with me (Lily and Emma) sometimes my head isn't screwed on as tight as it should be. As I'm loading up the car I don't check that I have everything, but assume that I do. I run home and put the refrigerator items away. I then head outside to chisel ice out of my driveway. When I'm done doing that, I go back inside to put the rest of the stuff away. I realize that I can't find one of my bags. Rut-Roh.

I check the car again. I check my receipt to see what I'm missing. Of course it's the most expensive bag. I call the store to see if a Good Samaritan has turned it in, or if I left it at the register. NOPE. Ugh. Then the person on the phone says to bring in my receipt and they'll replace the items. Wow, over and beyond what I was expecting. As I look for my coat, I find the missing bag under it. Nice, I've found the missing items and I don't have to feel guilty that Target was willing to replace items that I thought I lost.

Once again, I love Target.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Ah, Target love.

We don't have one close enough to regularly shop at. I'm forced to choose between Fred Meyer, which I like, and Wal*Mart which is less expensive. Fred Meyer nearly always wins because it's more convenient to get to. Plus Fred Meyer got it's start in Portland - which makes it practically a local store.

Keira said...

How I wish we had a Super Target. I've had that feeling--the oh no we just drove all the way home and where did I leave my purse/groceries/keys feeling.