Sunday, January 6, 2008

Reverently Quietly


I would like to think that Sunday is a good day to "rest" from the day to day of THE BLOG. Well, as this pertains to church, I felt it would be appropriate to share my story today.

In an effort to have a more spirit inducing day at church I decided that it was better to get to church late rather then yelling at the kids. Last week I was only twenty minutes late, but it was the best day at church that I'd had in a while. This week, as I was packing snack bags, I looked at the clock and thought, "Not bad, we'll only be ten minutes late." Then it dawned on me. It's a New Year.

Starting this week we have church at 11 am. I think that I am in the "earlier the better" camp when it comes to attending church. I have more energy to wrestle with the kids. I guess I shouldn't murmur, I think that next year it moves to 1 pm. Ack!

6 comments:

Debbie said...

I'm definitely in the "earlier is better" camp. We start at 9am this year. Yea! (Now, with a smug smirk...)and we were 10 minutes EARLY.

Sorry to sound insensitive, but it has taken me years to train my husband out of "Mormon standard time".

Suzanne said...

Don't talk to me. I found out we definitely have 1 pm next year. I am so grumpy today.

Debbie said...

Look on the bright side. You have a whole year before the 1pm session. In that time your ward could be divided, a new meetinghouse built, the stake could be divided, the Second Coming could occur....lots of things could happen.

Suzanne said...

Ok, you made me laugh. I might talk to you now.

Stephen said...

"it has taken me years to train my husband out of "Mormon standard time".

Excuse me, you don't show up at church until an hour after I'm there.

Suzanne said...

Please, no fighting. Steve, I'm totally on your side. Wink wink, Debbie.