Sunday, January 13, 2008

The Storm before the Calm


How is it that by Sunday afternoon my house looks like a twister has gone through? It's not like I don't pick up on Saturday, in fact, generally it's pretty clean by Saturday night. (Well, not this week)

Is it slightly sick and twisted that I look forward to Mondays? I like Mondays because I can generally clean the mess of the weekend without tripping over kids. Of course, I need to remember that the reason I have children is for the labor benefits.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Labor benefits? I've had 6 kids and I never got labor benefits. I'm still working on a deficit. It's not nearly as bad as when the kids were young and all at home, but by golly no one but me will actually fold and put away laundry. I know that's my fault - I haven't trained them well, but I still have bad dreams about the mountainous mounds clean clothes our family generated. I like to keep ahead of it.

Suzanne said...

You have those nightmares too?! I have trained myself to fold as soon as the dryer is open. I can't stand looking at piles of clothes.

That being said, the only labor benefits that I have are clean windows from about chest height down and the kids can find remotes. (The clean windows are only when I'm motivated to actually breakout the Windex and supervise.) My kids also think that baby wipes are for dusting and spot mopping.

Debbie said...

I guess I shouldn't complain. My kids can all load and unload the dishwasher (although if Danny unloads I may never find the dishes). They can vacuum, dust, make their beds, clean their rooms, clean the bathroom (not to my standards...)take out the garbage and recycyling, help with dinner, mow the lawn, weed, water the yard...and probably a few other things as well.

Keira said...

But will they plow the back 40? That's my question.