Saturday, February 23, 2008

Another One Barps Again

It's the middle of the night and I've been woken up by Lily for her early early sippy cup of juice. I was kinda in a haze when I went to the frig, I just stood there with the door open staring into the black hole. When I finally got the juice back to Lily, I had woken up just enough to have to read for a few minutes to try and fall back asleep. While I'm reading, I'm wondering to myself; "Why am I awake at 1:30 in the morning?"

Then I hear the cough. You know the cough. The one when a child is in bed and is throwing up. That's why I was awake. Emma got sick in her bed and on the floor. Of course I get her to the bathroom where she no longer has to throw up, but she does need to clean up. After I get her bedding changed and attempt to clean the carpet, Emma goes back to sleep.

Fast forward an hour and a half. Lily walks in my room and says, "Momma, I barped on my legs."

This is the house of barp today. I think that I have four loads of laundry to do just to be able to get Emma and Lily back in their beds tonight. Oh boy.

4 comments:

Keira said...

2:09 AM?

Oh man, I barp, I mean feel, for you.

Debbie said...

Sorry that you live in the "house of barp". I had an arrangement with my husband that I wouldn't make him get up at all during the night with kids while I was nursing them, but then after that they were his. Worked quite well for me - they never wake up "barping" when they are nursing (spit up is an entirely different matter) - and the ONLY time they wake up when they're only is when they're throwing up. I very seldom even rolled over when the kids were barfing in the night....just a subtle kick "wake up hon - it's your turn".

Steve denies ever making any agreement to this - but I held him to it anyway.

Suzanne said...

I love your arrangement...but Michael was pulling an all nighter at work. He's much better with the barp issues than I am. It's funny how I go into auto pilot when kids get sick. If I don't think about what I'm doing it's much easier to get thru.

Three loads of laundry done...almost done with the gross stuff.

Michael said...

Why no picture? That's one of my favorite parts of your blog.

That, and the fact that you don't link to Youtube 18 times in one post.

:P