Friday, February 22, 2008

Pizza Night


We've started a Friday night tradition of having pizza with two or three other families. There is a family style pizza joint on Main street that has board games at each of the tables. Sure, a checker game might end up on the floor, but we don't mind. Kids are at one table while the "adults" sit at the next table. There are generally about eight kids between the ages of 2 1/2 to 8 (oddly enough I have the oldest and the youngest). Inevitably a kid cries or ends up on the floor along with a drink or two.

It's nice to hang out with adults and have funny conversations. Whenever a move occurs (which I've done plenty of) it seems to take a while to find people that I want my children hanging out with. Then if I actually want to hang out with the parents...that's a bonus. I know this might sound funny, but I feel like I'm back in grade school and I just met someone on the playground who said "want to be friends?"

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Sounds fun. Steve and I went out this evening - and Danny asked if he could come. I told him no - it was MY date. He couldn't have come anyway, he's at an overnight birthday party.

Keira said...

We were at a grown-ups wii party. Just like the kid kind but with better food.

I'm gonna be sore in the morning.