Friday, February 1, 2008

Tooth Fairy

At 9:30 last night, Jack came downstairs to inform me that he finally got out the loose tooth that has been hanging for weeks. I think that he was motivated to pull it out last night because he's trying to save money for yet another Lego set. He put the tooth in a plastic bag and let me know that it would be REALLY nice if the Tooth Fairy brought $4.00, because that's how much he needs for the Legos.

Fast Forward ten hours.

I woke up in a blur with my head a little fuzzy. I somehow came out of the fog and realized that the Tooth Fairy had not visited!!!! Well, apparently at our house the Tooth Fairy arrived at 6:45 am with two dollars.

Jack told me at breakfast that he felt the Tooth Fairy take the tooth. I asked if the Tooth Fairy looked like Mommy, but he denied that he saw said Tooth Fairy. I think that he's holding out for the next two dollars and then we'll see if the magic still exists.

2 comments:

Keira said...

He is on to you, Mom. (And waiting for you to cough up the remaining balance--I want my 2 dollars!)

Debbie said...

The tooth fairy had to come up with some creative excuses at our house - often she wouldn't come until after the child got up in the morning.