Monday, February 11, 2008

Whirlwind Weekend

I'm trying to remember what I did Friday night, but it seems so long ago. I know that Michael went to work at 5 pm on Friday and didn't make it home until 10 am on Saturday. Knowing that he was going to need a few hours of uninterrupted sleep I decided to tackle this head on.

1. Go to the Rec center. Free
2. Use Child Care for an hour. Free
3. Go Swimming with kids for 1 hour. Free
3. Take kids to McDonalds. $11.29
4. Drive to Loveland and get Jack's new scout shirt. $39.48
5. Go to Costco for essentials. $93.00
6. Michael gets to sleep for 5 hours. Priceless.

Ok, some of the details are a little fuzzy. Technically the Rec center isn't free, but it feels like it because we paid for the passes in August. The best investment since we moved!

When we went swimming we were in the pool for about fifteen minutes before we heard the lifeguard sound the "out of the pool" warning. It was not my child that left a brown floatie in the wading pool. Luckily the pool has different areas to swim in and I was able to eek out a little more entertainment time from the pool.

McDonalds. I never take my kids there, I can't say that I care to eat anything there. I did end up getting a cheeseburger and it tasted exactly like I remembered it.

The drive to the scout store took me by the only Goodwill in the area. I wanted to stop, but I was treading a thin ice with three kids. At least I know where it is and I can go back. I had vague directions to the scout store and luckily found it. It was in a Outlet Shopping Mall that looks like it's starting to go downhill. As I passed a few stores that were closed I was beginning to fear that the scout store was one of them. Luckily, using my keen tracking skills, I was able to locate the store. Question; How do I sew on the patches?

Ahh, Costco. I would have walking about Costco for much longer, but I had a bum cart that was squeaking horribly. It wasn't bad when I started pushing it, but I guess if you add a couple hundred pounds it will exacerbate the squeak. Lily was taking a much needed nap, she was priority #1 to put in the cart. Emma asked to get in the kid's seat, no problem, it keeps her contained. Jack was whining that he was tired and at that point I was too tired to put up much of a fight. I don't know how I managed to fit cat litter, toilet paper, paper towels, trail mix, muffins, and laundry soap in the cart.

On the way home from Costco, Michael called and let me know that he was awake. If he hadn't called, my trip might have gotten a lot more expensive, I was driving by a furniture store.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Sewing on patches:

Go to Joanns and get some fusible webbing (such as WonderUnder or Stitch Witchery or Steam A Seam). First iron on the patch and then go around it with the sewing machine.

Alternately - I know of a lady that buys some kind of super duper iron on stuff that actually is supposed to be strong enough to keep the patches on even through the wash. I think she gets it at the scout store, but I'm not sure.

Michael said...

I appreciated my 5 hours of sleep.