Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Knit 1 Perl 2

For Relief Society we are starting a year long project called "Warm Up America." The blankets are made by piecing together knitted and crocheted squares. I'd like to say that I remembered how to knit like I was climbing right back on the horse. Well, that was not the case.

I know how to cast on the needle, in fact a little too good. I got excited and put on WAY too many stitches. Then I had to start over. Once again I put on too many, but I figured that I would practice for a little while and then turn in a much better finished product. As you can see, I figured out how to knit..and then perl...but I can't say that I'm good at remembering how to switch between the two.

2 comments:

Keira said...

I love that Cary Grant movie from the 40s that shows him as a gambler who romances/cons a society dame by volunteering in her "knit for the troops" drive.

Knit one, perl two.

Debbie said...

This reminds me of Sherri's Christmas newsletter a year or two ago. The one where she said that she learned to "crotch".

I hope your knitting goes well. It's been a looooong time since I've picked up knitting needles, so I don't think I would be any help.