Friday, March 14, 2008

Discovery Days

I found out about the kids having today off at the begining of the week because of a Teacher Inservice Day. That is NOT enough time to prepare myself mentally for the rigors of a three day weekend. I guess what really gets me is the fact that Emma has two days off next week. Pfft. How is she supposed to learn geophysics at this rate?!

All in all, today has been successful, thanks in part to "Discovery Days". It is a kid's program at the Longmont Museum. The kids got to play with playdough, paint, glue, stamp, and string beads. These are all the messy activities that I don't want to do at home. The best part was not having to clean up after all that. Can you guess what the theme is this month?

5 comments:

Michael said...

Did you bring home any green beer?

Keira said...

A. I like the labels.
B. Cry me a river about a three-day weekend.
C. Photography--arrrgh.

Suzanne said...

There is talk about dying the Left Hand Creek green. ;)

Keira, tell me your dear husband is coming home soon. I think that you've had a 5 day weekend by last count. I think that having a scheduled day is better than being surprised by a sick child.

Keira said...

Tonight. He's coming home tonight--but after bedtime. I finally broke down and bathed the kids this morning. They were starting to smell.

Debbie said...

Faith and begorra, could it be a St. Patrick's theme?

I love art projects for kids that you don't have to clean up.