Thursday, March 13, 2008

Not Enough Paint

Once again I painted a room and got within feet of finishing before running out of paint. We went with a red for the dining room and luckily it only took two coats, with a light dusting for a third coat. I was literally scraping the bottom of the paint can to eek out every last drop. Then I realized that I had a vent cover that needs to be painted as well. Oh well. It'll get done.

The payoff for having done so much stinking prep work, I have REALLY clean tape lines. I was getting excited and wanted to see, but I think that I need to wait until the paint completely dries before I take it all off.

I'll take a picture of the end product when I get the paint for the vent and have it back on the wall.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I find it very satisfying to paint a wall with a completely different color that has a lot of contrast to the old. That is NOT what I did in my living spaces, but, oh well...

Good job with the paint lines. Very clean. If you ever need to paint over the red, call Keira. She painted over the red in her dining room.