Monday, March 31, 2008

Spring Break

"Begin as you mean to go on." This is my mantra this week. I'd like to think that the kids and I will have a fabulously relaxing week filled with gumdrops and licorice. In reality, I will try and keep the sugar at bay and not let Lily con me into fruit snacks for breakfast. (Yes, I have caved and let Lily have fruit snacks for breakfast, they have fruit in them, right?!)

My plans for the week include many hours spent at the rec center and hopefully going to the park if it warms up. I'm not opposed to going if it's cold, but I need it to be worth my while if I actually drag bikes and scooters.

We might have a board game marathon. The kids keep asking to play games to which I keep making excuses not to play. I'm not sure it was such a good idea to teach Jack how to play Monopoly. Too many competitive games of that played in my childhood to ever make that a "fun" game. I should replace the Uno cards, I washed the last set. There's a game that I can handle for a couple rounds.

Like I said; "Begin as I mean to go on."

I suppose I should start the week.

5 comments:

Debbie said...

I like games like "Guess Who". You can play a round in like 1 minute and it takes almost no time to set up. Unfortunately no one in my house is young enough to enjoy it. The grandkids are almost old enough.

My favorite board game (maybe we'll play it for FHE - in honor of Andrew waiting for his mission call) is called "Take Off". It has a large roll out laminated map of the world, and you have to fly your fleet of airplanes from one side to the other. It can be educational - the cards have all sorts of facts about countries, etc. You can also play it any way you want - cutthroat for older kids, and simpler for younger kids.

Suzanne said...

Lily can play Guess Who, that's a game that is a big hit at our house these days. Anything that everyone can play is helpful. Nothing like setting up Battleship and having Lily say, "me too?!"

Keira said...

Gumdrops and licorice--make that Twinkies and Pop-Tarts.

Michael said...

Guess Who rocks! If your kids are too old, add a 2nd or 3rd card to each player. It makes it much tougher. Or play in a Latin. Vestri alio rutilus saeta?

Debbie said...

We just played an entire game of Pictionary with all five of us. It was Steve and Andrew against Alex, Danny and me. I think Steve and Andrew won, but it was really close and really funny. Steve drew an animal that looked like a bloated tick - and Andrew guessed the right answer (it was a cow). Then Steve drew an animal that looked like an upright balloon animal and Andrew guessed right again(it was a grizzly bear). They are quite the deadly duo.