Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Just Keep Swimming

In another attempt to keep the kids entertained we did it all today. We left the house at 6:35 AM and had a few minutes to spare before our scheduled time at the Denver Mint.

Shh, don't tell anyone, but Sherri and I were looking forward to getting a bag of shredded money. Well, they don't have that at the Denver Mint. We did find out that a Federal Reserve bank is located not far from the Mint. Next visit, we'll have to go there for some shredded money. We did watch one cents being made. I can't call them pennies, apparently, they only have pennies in England. Also, they didn't have a flattened penny machine for souvenirs.

Next we went to the Butterfly Pavilion. I think everyone held a Rose Haired Tarantula named Rosie, except Sherri and I. We did not get the "I held Rosie" sticker. We did splurge and buy the $1 guide and saw a lot of butterflies that we were able to identify. The kids loved this, but it was hot and humid and we moved on to the next room. I think that we only forgot that Emma was in the Butterfly room for about 10 minutes. She was happy to see Aunt Sherri when we realized she was missing. At least we hadn't left the building yet.
We grabbed some lunch before we hit the Rec Center. The kids were prunes by the time we left the pool this afternoon. Right now we're watching Enchanted and the kids are mellow as can be. Let's see if this holds up until bedtime.

3 comments:

Keira said...

You exhaust me--and I was the one stuck up a ladder all day.

Debbie said...

I'm very impressed with your child entertainment schedule. Nicely paced. I hope they all went to sleep early.

Suzanne said...

Well, they all slept. I fell into bed @ 9:15 and I think I stayed up until 9:30. Today is a school day...yeah!!!