Sunday, May 11, 2008

Clean Kids and Good Rooms

When I ask Michael or the kids ask us what we want for the impending holiday, the pat answer is "good kids and clean rooms." It should be an easy gift, but clean rooms are REALLY hard to accomplish sometimes.   Today I'm settling for clean kids and good rooms.  

Michael left on a business trip all week this afternoon.  Before he left, he pulled out all the stops for my Mother's Day breakfast.  I got to have Reese's Puff....in bed.  The kids had homemade cards and Jack even pulled off a gift.  He asked if I like salad.  I said yes.  He said, "Good, I made you a salad plant." (He planted a basil plant at scouts)

So, for a Mother's Day it was pretty good.  The kids are clean...and their rooms, well, they'll be clean tomorrow.

Happy Mother's Day to everyone.



3 comments:

Kim said...

Funny, a conversation similar to that took place at my home with my girls a couple of days ago..I said I wanted a clean house for Mother's Day and Cara asked, "What about love and gifts?" I told her that a great gift would be feeling loved by seeing a clean house. I'm still happy with the cards and pictures though...

Keira said...

I got a toasted bagel in bed and no kids to bug me until 9-ish.

Homemade cards with poetry come standard at our house.

Debbie said...

Our church starts at 9am. Usually we're there 10 to 15 minutes early. This morning we were not. Luckily, quite a few other families were similarly "not early". We weren't actually late, but I thought we were just going to squeak in. Fortunately the clock in the chapel is running at least 5 minutes slow.

I got Pillsbury cinnamon rolls for breakfast.