Thursday, May 22, 2008

Familiar Face

The other night I was watching a show called Bones, and one of the characters looks familiar. It was one of those "I've seen him before but I can't remember where" moments. Then I actually watch the credits and see the name Eric Millegan. Again, I have a slight moment of recognition. That's not saying much because I'm much better at recognizing faces, and horrible at remembering names.

So I check IMDB , Eric Millegan grew up in the same town as me. Then I start to remember him, we went to high school together. He was the "chorus nerd" (I was a band geek) and in all the school plays.

It's nice to see that all the work in high school paid off for him. I think my fifteen minutes of fame came and went when our High School Marching band was in the Rose Bowl Parade. Thank goodness it came and went so early, I'd hate to find out what I would be "in" famous for now.

6 comments:

Debbie said...

Wow.

The "famous" guy I knew from high school was a diver in the Olympics. I can't remember his name (it's been about 20+ years) but Marcy and I used to watch him practice while we were at swim practice.

Pam said...

That's cool! I can't think of anyone who has turned famous from our class? Alot of them teach at the high school we went to. Famous? No.

Keira said...

Was he that guy who played the lead in "How to Succeed..."? I would never have recognized him.

The only famous person I ever knew in school was the Mozambique Olympic runner, Maria Mutola. She had gym during my hour and I saw her naked. She had muscles like a tank.

Wow, that story got awkward quickly.

Kim said...

I love that show! Weren't you a little sad at how that one ended? I don't really have any famous people from high school (I heard Cuba Gooding Jr. went there before I was), but when I worked before kids, we had lots of volunteers and donors to the Center with recognizable names.

Jo said...

My husband knows a ton of celebs whom he went to HS with. Cuba Gooding, Jr. was one (sorry Kim. He actually went to Kennedy High in Granada Hills). As far me? Unfortunately, Utah doesn't produce too many of those. Maybe you could call up your celebrity class mate and catch up on old times? hehe

Kim said...

Actually, Cuba Gooding was only there for a short time before he moved... and like I said, before my time. But, if any of u watch Bones, remember the Allreds who just moved to Park City? Corbin was just in one as the artist neighbor whodunnit.