Friday, May 9, 2008

Plan B

Plan A. I woke up this morning thinking that I was going to volunteer in Jack's class. They are having "Greek Olympics" at the park today. It sounded like fun and I could take Lily as well.

Jack must have caught some stomach bug and he didn't keep his breakfast down. Bummer for him. (We'll be washing hands like crazy so it doesn't spread)

Plan B. Take Emma for a bike ride before Michael heads to work. Work in the yard while the girls find bugs. I've been ignoring the weeds on the side of the house for long enough. During the great dig, I did find that several strawberry plants survived the winter. I'll be surprised if they actually manage to produce fruit. I should ask my neighbors what they plant, but I think that this will be the year of experimentation. We might have to blog the successes in order to remember what to plant next year. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. First I need to get plants. That might fall under "Plan C".

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I have very modest expectations for gardening at our house this weekend.

It would be great if Nathan and Steve could get started on the gates for our fence. (It would be even greater if they finish them). The younger labor pool will be mowing.

Me, well I would like to go get one or two plants (geraniums?) for a pot on my back deck. Maybe three.

Suzanne said...

Goals. It's good to have achievable goals.