Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Do You Know the Muffin Man?

Last night as I was putting the kids in bed we nearly had meltdown. You know what I mean; yelling, screaming, fighting, tears, etc. Emma kept yelling at Lily to put her "place mat" back. I had no idea what Emma was talking about, but I had to intervene in the war of the sisters.

Fast Forward. This morning I come down stairs and the place mat reference makes much more sense. Emma and Lily made place mats for everyone to sit with at the table. Lily decided to bring hers to bed and Emma had (let's call it) a strong reaction to her idea.









Emma went all out on her place mat and lost a little bit of her creativity by the time she got to Jack's.

In the interest of having a good morning, I went ahead and made the kid's favorite breakfast. They love mini muffin and I let them eat as many as they want. They feel like they are eating a lot, but they usually only manage to eat 6 or 7.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

The placemats are adorable.

You should laminate them. Or for a family project you could have everyone make their own and then laminate them.

Keira said...

Sounds like a great FHE to me.

I adore your picture of mini muffins--we're having waffles for the gazillionth time this morning.

Jo said...

I can't relate. I never have those kinds of things happen in our house. Hehe. Love the placemats though. So creative :)

Mad Runner said...

Don't you hate it when you are the 'mean mom' and then it turns out they were trying to do good and not just fighting to fight? Makes me think I need to try harder.