Monday, May 19, 2008

Last Week of School

I am anticipating the end of school and yet dreading it. I've been in denial the last month and it was a lovely state. Let's face it, the last week of school is mostly fluff. I think the kids have a park day, a picnic, a movie day, and a board game day planned for this week.

The good news this week is that I won't be going through the homework negotiations with Jack. The bad news, I need to start organizing our Summer. (Is it too late for planning?) I will be going to Costco and perhaps the Dollar Tree to find workbooks. I have managed to get my kids excited about doing "workbooks" during the Summer. I told them that we'd have a Treasure box that they could earn things from. How many dollar toys can I bribe them with before they get bored with trying to earn them?

At least the weather feels like Summer finally. We worked outside on Saturday and all of us got sunburns. Guess I need to stock up on sunscreen while I'm at Costco.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

I'm counting down the days until seminary is over. I told Alex this morning that he needs to get himself a drivers license this summer so that I don't have to get up and take him next year. I need to push him on that so that he actually does it.

Keira said...

The cliff is edging ever nearer. On one hand, I hate the close confinement with the kiddies all summer but I love the lack of a set schedule too.

Lori said...

You could always move back to Simi...we still have four more weeks of school! :)

Jo said...

Move back to Simi and we'll go to the beach practically every day!!