Monday, May 5, 2008

Homework

I hate Mondays! I graduated college, I shouldn't be doing homework. Doing 2nd grade homework just proves that I didn't listen to my teachers or I'm getting Alzheimer's. It's now 8:00 pm and we're still working on homework. (Granted I took the kids swimming after school for an hour and a half) It was a downward spiral as soon as we left the pool.

"I'm hungry!" "Can we stop for food?" "What are we having for snack?"

Ugh. We left the pool at 5:00pm. It's dinner time and my kids are heckling me for food. I swear that I feed my children, but if you were to ask them...well, just don't ask them.

The kicker this week is that as I was picking up Jack from school, his teacher handed me an empty packet and said this needs to be turned in by Friday. ??!!(&^%@#&^% What? This in addition to his regular homework? It's a "ABC" book about Japan. So far, I forced Jack to write A thru K. Anything Japanese related L thru Z would be greatly appreciated.

6 comments:

Debbie said...

m is for missionary (cousin Andrew) or Mt. Fuji
u is for Utsunomiya (Aunt Debbie and Uncle Steve stayed there for 2 weeks)
n is for Nikko (world heritage site)or ninja
s is for sumo wrestling or shinkansen (bullet train)
o is for obi or Osaka or origami
t is for Tokyo
y is for Yokohama
r is for rain (it rains a LOT)or ramen
w is for wasabi

Alex said...

Liberal Democratic Party
Mitsubishi
Nagasaki
Origami
Pokemon
Q
Ramen
Samurai
Tokyo
U
V
Wasabi
X
Yokohama
Z

That's all I can think of for now.

Suzanne said...

I knew I could count on the incredible West family. Thanks guys.

Keira said...

Q? I think it might be stretching things a bit--but wait, isn't Kabuki theater Japanese (or is it Chinese) and isn't it Quiet?

Suzanne said...

Z is for Zen. When we are done with this project I will find my zen.

Jo said...

Sorry, I've got nothin'...DUH.....