Thursday, May 29, 2008

Sliding

We have slid firmly into Summer. Am I crazy yet? Well, the kids are alive and I'm mostly sane. We've gone swimming, to the library, two parks, and rode bikes. The only problem is that I'm utterly exhausted. I think that the kids are too.

The kids have been busy riding around the neighborhood, playing the Wii, getting dirty, and generally keeping themselves occupied. By the end of the day, they practically fall into bed. Not always happily, but they have been sleeping in, which tells me they are tired.

Today we went to a park and I didn't realize that it had "water" features. My kids were the ones wearing long pants and sweatshirts completely soaking wet. Thankfully, it was warm enough to get wet. I don't think that the kids could have resisted the temptation of getting in the water.

*I know that I'm rambling at this point. It's been a busy day and I still need to figure out what's for dinner. Frozen ravioli everyone?

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Frozen ravioli...that's waaaay better than Chef Boy-r-dee.

Since my husband is gone I am taking a sabbatical from cooking. Luckily my boys can pretty much cope - I might have Nathan make calzone tomorrow.

Keira said...

My dinner was, too, a fiasco. I babysat late so asked my husband if we could go out to dinner. Fine.

Papa's Pizza is far away, gross and over-crowded but it was Laura's choice.

It turned out to be a really bad choice so we scarfed Burger King before rushing to Laura's gradation.

So much for a relaxing night out.

Debbie said...

Pre-school graduation.

They keep coming up with more ways to celebrate mediocrity. Just kidding (sort of, but not really)