Monday, May 12, 2008

A Few of My Favorite Things

The day after Mother's Day and the "salad plant" is still alive. Emma decided that should would continue her stellar behavior and get me a bouquet of lilacs. I love lilacs and they are in full bloom around here. I was kinda hoping that one of the bushes in the backyard would be a lilac, but I think that is not the case.

I was sorta on the fence whether I should put the salad plant in the ground, but the weatherman predicted possible snow tonight. I think I'll protect my little salad plant and keep it indoors for now. Or I could make pesto for dinner.

2 comments:

Keira said...

Basil will grow really well indoors so I'd advise keeping it in the window sill.

I love your lilacs.

Debbie said...

Stephanie and Co. brought me some lilacs also. I love the smell, they remind me of Mom. (It was usually around lilac time that the dark glasses came out...to hide the weepy allergy eyes)