Thursday, August 7, 2008

Good Enough

I've been avoiding the task of hemming Jack's school pants. As you may recall, Jack wore a hole in his last pair of Khakis the very last week of school. Well, I wasn't in a hurry to hem pants all Summer but I decided to bite the bullet and get it done.

I am not a sewer. I don't have the patience or inclination to spend the time. Sometimes I feel a tug to go sew something, but it is usually something banal and perfunctory like hemming pants. Jack has three new pairs of shorts, they aren't pretty, but they're good enough.

3 comments:

Mad Runner said...

I'm not even buying pants or shorts or skorts until the last possible moment. My rotten children are growing - have been all summer - and I am NOT having a repeat of the episode last start of school where I bought pants the first week of August only to have to buy another set the second week of October. Five weeks of school. That's all they lasted!! Five stinkin' weeks.

Suzanne said...

I feel your pain. Emma did that to me last year. I didn't realize that IZOD shrinks two sizes. Pfft.

We'll see if the shorts last. They are kind of a stop gap solution to having to buy pants for a while.

Keira said...

And you had to go and make the photos works of art...sheeesh.

They look great.