Saturday, August 16, 2008

Put Your Party Hats On

It's the day of Lily's party and it is raining cats and dogs. All my plans to have the kids run around outside were firmly out the window. Instead we did crafty things like coloring, making pizza, and decorating cupcakes.
The toy around the neighborhood to have; Baby Chu Chu. (Ava is looking longingly at the one that she gave to Lily)Instead of party hats, I found chef hats in the Dollar Spot. Some of the kids did not wear the hats, but most did. It was too cute when they "made" their own pizza. When it came time to decorate the cupcakes I had my mini muffin tin full of m&ms, marshmallows, gummy worms/bears, sprinkles,..etc. Brody (as seen below) decided to treat it like a buffet and surprisingly some of the candy ended up on his cupcake.
Lily had a great time and we may mot make it until bedtime before she crashes. Is that a sign of a good party?

8 comments:

Debbie said...

I'm dying over how cute the chef hats are. I would hate you, but really, what's the point. It's not like I'm ever going to have a party for my kids like that. I will pass along the idea to Stephanie - if she hasn't already seen it.

Suzanne said...

Puhlease. You had the Harry Potty party to end all parties. I feel like I'm such a faker when it comes to kids and birthdays. I totally owe this success to the Wilton cake form and Target's chef hats. (Total procrastination paid off)

Debbie said...

But that's the beauty of your party - mostly last minute. I spent hours and hours putting together the Harry Potter party to end all parties.

Keira said...

Love, love, love the hats. This looks like such a low pressure b-day party. I need to get me that cake mold.

Keira said...

And, dang it, your hair looks cute too.

Jo said...

That sounds like the best party ever!

Stephanie said...

Idea has been passed and viewed. Miriam turns three in December. Can I handle an hour of sticky sunbeams in the middle of my school, Kaith's school, and Christmas prep.? I want to.

Suzanne said...

Stephanie, you can handle anything for an hour. :)