Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Let Them Eat Cake

We had cake for breakfast. I figured that since I had cake staring me in the face and I didn't want to nibble on it all day, I would indulge my kids request for breakfast. With Summer quickly fading away, we'll have a few more "why nots".

Yesterday Emma had a cake decorating session with one of my neighbors. It was just her and "Grandma" Kathy. She absolutely loved it and couldn't wait to tell us a secret about the cake when we finished trying it. The frosting was dyed with carrot and tomato juice. I'm not 100% sure that's the case, but Emma was bursting at the seams to tell us. I couldn't taste the secret ingredients, I'll have to fact check Emma's story.

6 comments:

Debbie said...

gosh, carrot and tomatoe juice in the frosting? That makes it health food!

Linda said...

How fun! I think you will be surprised at how long they remember that morning and how many times the story is retold! Good job,Mom!

Keira said...

It can't be worse than a donut, right?

Shelly said...

Hi Suzanne!
Oh how nice to be more in touch! I so miss you! I miss just picking of the phone to chat, just because.
If she really used carrot juice and tomato, I'd love the details! :)
Jack and Emma have gotten big too, but Lily... OH my I don't think I would have even recognized her! Well this is turning into more than a comment, better sign off for now!
Love ya!

Suzanne said...

As it turns out, it was not the case of carrot juice in the frosting. She was relaying information regarding another cupcake incident in the neighborhood. One of my neighbors is trying to hide veggie purees in things (which can be surprising) and Grandma Kathy was relaying that information to Emma who tried to pass off her cakes as such. :)

Samurai Mom said...

ummm....I don't see what is wrong with cake for breakfast. Cake rarely lasts long enough around here to make it to breakfast however.