Monday, August 11, 2008

An Open Letter Of Apology

To Whom This May Concern;

I am sorry that I didn't understand you when you said you were having an "allergy attack". I might have been a little smug when I said that I didn't have allergies. I was perhaps a little envious that you could wear Jackie O. sunglasses and get away with it.

Karma was a way of getting back at those that laugh at others. I am not laughing anymore as I sneeze for the 200th time today, blow my nose, and look like I've been up 72 hours straight with my glassy red eyes. And what is with the unending tickle in the back of my throat?!

I am new to this "allergy" party. I didn't want to be invited, I somehow ended up here. I used to think that Claritin was my friend, but alas, Claritin has abandoned me. Does anyone know of other "friends" willing of help me? Someone actually suggested a nose bidet today. "What?!" I'm almost desperate to try it.


Signed,
Sneezing in Colorado

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Oh, I'm sooo sorry. I have thus far been a mere "wallflower" in the allergy cotillion. For about a week in June I get a little snuffly. So far.

BTW - Nathan takes Allerclear (I think that is just Costco's brand of Claritin).

Keira said...

Now is no time to say I told you so. Solidarity, my sister. I stand with you...

I recommend Zaditor (which I don't think is prescription) as eye drops for itchiness. (Shoot down one symptom at a time is my policy.)

AJsGirls said...

GET A NETI POT! I am a believer, it will change your life for the better! It takes a little getting used to and take up more time than popping a pill but it feels so good. It really helps your nose and your eyes.

Rae said...

Hey, I saw that on Oprah. Dr. Oz swears by it for allergies. Give it a try and post how it goes.