Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Grocery Shopping

One of my least favorite household tasks is grocery shopping. Especially with children. It's a form of torture, usually self inflicted, which seems to make it even worse. The more children I take with me, the longer it takes and I usually end up forgetting half my list and spending more than I intend.

This morning when I opened my front door and brought in my milk, eggs, butter, and bread, it was like grocery shopping without even going. It was a beautiful thing to be able to make scrambled eggs and toast and not have to go to the grocery store to get the ingredients. Thank you Mr. Milkman!

4 comments:

Mad Runner said...

I want a milkman! We have a 'steak guy' and the ice cream truck but that's nothing in comparison to the bliss a milkman can bring! I'm jealous!

But, then again, can I come over for breakfast?

Keira said...

I need to go grocery shopping. Go for me, will you?

Jo said...

I am so seriously jealous! I grew up having a milkman and I just remember the shear joy it brought my mother (she had 7 kids. Can you imagine????) Nonetheless, it is a crying shame that I cannot experience this same kind of bliss. I am completely and utterly jealous! :)

Debbie said...

Our neighbors get their milk delivered - but for some strange reason it comes mid-day. I am often in my office and when I hear the truck I almost always think it is UPS or Fed-Ex.