Friday, August 15, 2008

Happy Birthday

Today is Lily's 3rd Birthday. Happy Birthday Lily!

I am going to make a cake today (notice the theme of the week?!) and see if it turns out. Last year, my attempt at a cake was a spectacular failure, we'll see if I can redeem myself. I've spoken to an expert, aka Sherri, and hope that I can do Lily's cake justice this year.

To Be Updated. (after cake is made)

Well, it went better than expected. I might get strawberries and decorate the edges...maybe.
Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.


7 comments:

Debbie said...

Happy Birthday Lily!

I can't wait to see the picture of your cupcake cake. Don't forget.

Keira said...

That is the prettiest cupcake cake I have ever seen.

Where did you find the forms? And what's the flavor?

Debbie said...

Can I borrow your pans? I think the cupcake looks fabulous as is. If you wanted to take it to 11 put a large candle in the middle - a large scale birthday candle.

Suzanne said...

I bought the Wilton's form at Michael's (thank you 40% off coupon). I normally wouldn't go for a form pan, but I think that I might be able to use this more than once.

I like the large candle idea...one more trip to the store. :)

Lori said...

Very impressive!

Kim said...

I love it! Is that the cake pan from William Sonoma? I so wanted to get that one--I may still because it's so stinking cute. Oh, and I'm tagging you. See my blog for details.

Kim said...

Um, I guess I should have read the other comments more closely. Disregard my question about William Sonoma..