Friday, August 8, 2008

Oh Pioneer

I've been without an oven for just over three weeks. I was going to get it repaired and then I figured that I shouldn't stress out before we left for vacation. I haven't been complaining too much, Sherri was sans oven for 6 or 7 weeks.

With Summer upon us, it's much easier to fire up the grill and not heat up the house by turning on the oven. However, there are certain culinary techniques that must be executed in the oven. For instance, cookies do not cook many places other than the oven. Bread is another item that is best baked. I'm not sure that I would have been a good pioneer, I like my oven too much.

I have an appointment to get the oven fixed today. I'm trying to decide if I should make cookies or bread first.

* Well, the oven just got fixed. I nearly chocked at the price. Good thing my oven is usable, I'll be doing a lot of meals in it to make up for the cost of fixing it. Is it bad that I almost told the guy to take a flying leap and not get my oven fixed?

7 comments:

Keira said...

A. nice picture

B. You've been roughing it for three weeks?! We need to talk more...

C. Is that why you were making so many crock-pot meals?

Suzanne said...

A. I thought that you might like the picture.

B. Talk to Sherri.

C. Talk to Sherri.

Mad Runner said...

Bread first. If given only three foods to eat ever again in my life bread would be tops on that list. God knew what I could handle and being a pioneer was not one of them - I would have moved to Europe and lived a decadent life!

Bake like you've never baked before my friend!

Stephanie said...

So, what did you bake?

Suzanne said...

Ok, totally lame, but I made chicken strips for dinner last night. The kids did say they were the best chicken strips they'd eaten.

I think today I need to use some eggplant and make eggplant parmigiana. Oh yeah, and bread.

RazorFamilyFarms.com said...

I love that painting and used it for a post back in May for Cast Iron Skillet Cake (http://razorfamilyfarms.com/blog/?p=576). I still need to bring that post over to my new site but seeing it on your blog reminded me that I actually really need to just make the thing!

I'm glad that you'll be getting your oven fixed soon. Bless your heart.
Many blessings!
Lacy

RazorFamilyFarms.com

Lori said...

Hello--cookies.
Is that really even a question?