Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Such Optimism

There is a VERY talented woman at church that volunteered to teach a class. The end product was an accordion baby book and a matching box. I wisely opted out of the box, but very naively signed up for a boy and a girl book. All of the pieces fit neatly in a gallon sized ziplock baggie as you can see below. I was sooo optimistic that I would be able to finish one today.
This is the cover page. The only page that I completed today. I won't tell you how long I was sorting, gluing, distressing, stressing...etc.
This is the book unfolded. I have the pieces that I'm supposed to glue down tucked on each page. I probably could have stayed another couple hours, but I needed to pick up my kids from school. Do you think that I can enlist Emma and Jack as child labor to help complete it?!
Perhaps when I finish I will take a close up, but until then....

5 comments:

Debbie said...

very cute - how much did it set you back? That would be a deciding factor as to whether or not to enlist child labor.

Keira said...

I agree with Debbie. Don't let the little ones near it unless you acn afford to whistle it down the wind...

"Children ruin everything." Rinse and repeat.

Mad Runner said...

I'm with the other two... Keira's mantra "Children ruin everything!" is too true. By the way, can I get a kit??

Suzanne said...

I thought that I would buy one and figure out how to make it and then make more....I ordered two and I might not start the second for a while. I'm AMAZED at the level of detail that this woman went to.

It only set me back $13.00. The last kit was snatched up yesterday. Sorry Sherri.

Mad Runner said...

Darn cute! Take pics when you are done!