Saturday, August 23, 2008

Saturday is a Busy Day

So many things to get done today and so little time. We had a "quiet" morning watching cartoons and lounging around. I decided that the day was going nowhere fast I needed to get moving before it up and left. Jack needed some slacks for school and I wanted to go to look for some shirts for Michael. To the mall we went.

I haven't been to the mall in a year. I went a year ago when I was looking for school clothes for the kids. I don't love shopping at the mall, especially with three kids. In my head I thought that I would use Build-A-Bear as a reward for surviving a trip to the mall *if the kids behaved*! Jack and Emma started shoving each other right in front of the doors to the mall. We didn't even get in the mall before I took that reward away.

The cards were stacked against me as I looked at the lineup of stores that I wanted to go in. We went in Eddie Bauer found some great deals on end of season shirts. Flew past Build-A-Bear while the kids promised that they'd be good if we could go in. Then we hit Children's Place next. All three store were right next to each other. What kind of mall has the stores that you need right next to each other?!

I did reward the kids for the improved behavior by letting them choose where we ate in the food court. The kids chose McDonalds. Ugh. Yuck for me, but they were thrilled with the Star Wars toys they got in their Happy Meals.

We got home just in time to make a Chocolate Chip Pie for our neighborhood BBQ. The neighborhood had a community garage sale yesterday and this morning ,followed up by the bbq. The HOA supplied the food (didn't I pay for it?) and we were suppose to bring a dessert to share.

When we got to the barn we got a raffle ticket for showing up and another one for filling out a survey. After a while they announced that they were going to draw tickets for prizes. Sweet. I was feeling lucky! (Mostly because I had read Lori's post today regarding the cheap tickets she got) Well, they started reading the numbers and you could hear the crickets chirping because everyone was soooo quiet. When they read my number I gave a "Price is Right" yell and tried to liven up the party. They tried to give me a Cracker Barrel gift certificate, but I VERY POLITELY asked if I could have the Home Depot card. I want to paint something and this might help motivate me. I was lucky and they handed me the Home Depot $25 card. Nice.

So, what room should I paint?

8 comments:

Rivr Media Studios said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Debbie said...

Gosh, so many options. Have you painted your kitchen yet? I know, I know, it connects with other rooms - but I'm just puttin' it out there.

How about the Master Bedroom and/or Master Bath?

Lori said...

Way to go!

Debbie said...

btw..great job on switching up the gift cards.

Suzanne said...

I'm thinking the kitchen. Perhaps red?

Mad Runner said...

Woo-Hoo! I love winning things - even little things. It cracks me up how excited I get - I'm such a dork! I see it runs in the family!

If you paint the kitchen where is 'the line' you draw so you don't end up painting the family room too? I like red...!!

Keira said...

Orange. Orange is the new black...

Kim said...

If you're going to do red in your kitchen it said to help improve the taste and smell of food...but is also stimulating and could cause you to eat more. Just a fun fact to make your decisiion harder :)