Monday, February 9, 2009

Carpooling for Chess Club

Jack joined the chess club a few weeks ago. This prompted a neighbor and I to start carpooling to school. I feel like I got the better end of the deal, I just have to drop kids off in the morning, she delivers them home in the afternoon.

I feel like the kids are in a bare minimum of after school activities, but I occasionally want to shake my head when I realize how much time is spent in the car driving places some days. And I feel like I get off pretty easy compared to others. How do these "soccer moms" do it?!

So, thanks to chess I am now saving the environment by carpooling. Who knew that chess would save the world?!

2 comments:

m_perfect said...

Chess club?! I'm impressed. Is he really familiar with it or is it like me and the clarinet( I wanted to play that because it went toodle-oodle-oodle-et. Like the song. Totally wrong instrument for me BTW, but it did introduce me to the bassoon which was the perfect instrument for moi ;). Hope he has loads of brain frying fun!

Keira said...

We start up baseball season again soon and I look forward to it not at all. Good luck with the carpool...

And I always thought it went doodily, doodily, doodily det...hum.